Friends for Life:
- This Wednesday marks the beginning of the 40 Days for Life Campaign internationally and right here in Toledo! Join us as we kick off this year’s campaign on Wednesday September 27th at 6 pm at Capital Care, 1160 West Sylvania Ave., Toledo. We will be joined by Pastor Matt Purdi of H2O Church of the University of Toledo as well as many other pro-life leaders! Join us for what truly can be a historic campaign as we await on the ruling from the Ohio Supreme Court on whether or not Capital Care will have to shut down their doors for good! Finally, we are in desperate need of prayer warriors to pray every day from 7 am – 7 pm at Capital Care. To take a look at the hours visit 40daysforlife.com/toledo!
- Secondly, the Culture Project is returning to the Diocese of Toledo to help build what is the foundation of the pro-life movement with our young people inviting them to live lives committed to the dignity of the human person and to live the virtue of chastity. Schedule these missionaries at restoreculture.com before their schedule fills up! Also, if you are interested in meeting the Executive Director of the Culture Project, Cristina Barba, we are hosting a special lunch at St. Joan of Arc Parish in Toledo on Friday October 13th at 12 noon. To rsvp to meet Cristina and enjoy a FREE LUNCH email me at email@example.com.
- Thirdly, this Thursday join us at the Catholic Charities Mass Celebrating the Mercy of God & Memorial Service, with Fr. George Wenzinger, at 6:30 p.m. at St. Rose Church, 215 E. Front Street, Perrysburg, OH, to honor all children who have died and for families who have experienced a pregnancy loss through: still births, ectopic pregnancies, miscarriages, abortions or early infant deaths. Testimonies from those who have experienced infant loss will follow the Mass at 7:30 p.m. The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available during testimonies. Fellowship will follow in the St. Rose Cafeteria. For more info, contact Clarissa Lapinski, Project Rachel Coordinator at 419.583.6817; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fourth, this Sunday is the interdenominational “Life Chain” event which brings people out of the pews and into the street to witness for the unborn. For Toledo area locations visit: http://www.fflnwo.org/life-chain1.html and for the Life Chain brought to you by Tiffin Right to Life in Bascom call 419-937-5615. All events begin at 1:30 p.m.!
- Finally, save the date and plan on joining Bishop Daniel E. Thomas for the “Mass in Celebration of the Dignity of Human Life” followed by a Eucharistic Procession to Capital Care. The mass begins at 9 am at St. Catherine’s Church, 4555 N. Haven Ave.,Toledo.
Until every human life enjoys the first fundamental right: the right to life, WE MARCH ON!
P.S. Two more great events take place this weekend for life:
- Women’s Health Seminar – Saturday September 30th at the University of Toledo student union 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; for more information visit toledoconference.org or contact Family Life Coordinator Nick De La Torre at email@example.com.
- Respect Life Sunday at the Sorrowful Mother Shrine in Bellevue, 4106 State Route 269 – Sunday October 1st Mass with Fr. Rick Friebel, C.PP.S begins at 11 a.m. followed by lunch then Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Rosary Walk through the woods. For more information contact: Gayle Alt, Administrative Asst. at Sorrowful Mother Shrine, (419) 483-3435.
Director of Office for Life and Justice
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
1933 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, OH 43604
419-244-6711, ext. 4933