Friends for Life:
I’m so excited to announce to you that I’ll be launching my own radio show on Annunciation Radio called “SAY YES TO LIFE!” The show airs this Thursday March 10th at 4 p.m. We’ll be airing the first two episodes back to back so we’ll be on the whole hour until 5 p.m.
Following then, the show will air every Thursday at 4 p.m. and I’ll be going LIVE on Thursday March 31st! You can listen at: www.annunciationradio.com or on your FM radio dial 89.7 Toledo, 89.5 Mansfield, 88.1 Sandusky or 90.9 Williard.
The show is aimed at tackling pro-life issues and exploring the catholic faith, but I’m also starting it to help each and every one of us on a daily basis to: SAY YES TO LIFE! Please keep this new venture in your prayers as we try to spread the culture of life through this tremendous opportunity!
If you would like to have me address a question on air, or have comments about the show, you can email me at: email@example.com or call in when we go live at: 1 (877) 275-8098. Let me know what you think! (Just keep your comments civil ; )
- 40 DAYS FOR LIFE: A BABY HAS BEEN SAVED! Just today one of our Side Walk Counselors was at Capital Care when a couple drove up to have an abortion. After talking with our Side Walk Counselor the couple chose life for their baby! This couldn’t have happened without the power of prayer so thank you so much for praying with us during this year’s 40 Days for Life Spring Campaign! We’ll gather for a closing vigil on Saturday March 19th at 11 am at 1160 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo. Join us to celebrate this life saved!!! You can also still sign up to pray for an hour at: www.40daysforlife.com!
- VOTING IN OHIO: The first principle of Catholic Social Teaching is Human Dignity. The right to life then is fundamental and foundational in our voting choices. I encourage you to research all the candidates and to vote in Ohio’s March 15th primary! See the Faithful Citizenship guide “Catholics Care, Catholics Vote” from the USCCB attached.
- SWEET ENDINGS: On Thursday March 17th please join me at the Pregnancy Center of Greater Toledo’s Annual Fundraiser. This year’s speaker is Jim Daly, President of Focus on the Family. The event is at Westgate Chapel and the program begins at 7 p.m. Buy tickets online at www.friendsofpregnancycenter.org.
- PRAYER VIGIL FOR LIFE: Saturday March 19th at 11 a.m. we’ll gather at Capital Care, 1160 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo Ohio to close the 40 Days for Life Spring Campaign. Please join us as we celebrate the over 270 children saved across the world including our baby here in Toledo!!
- STUDENTS FOR LIFE LEADERSHIP SUMMIT: On Saturday April 2nd at Ohio State University Catholic Charities Respect Life Office of the Diocese of Toledo is teaming up with Students for Life of America and Ohio Right to Life to bring you the 2016 “Students for Life Leadership Summit.” I am blessed to be a guest speaker along with Rebecca Kiessling from Save the One and Bryan Kemper from Stand True Ministries among others. Please share with all students that you know! The only way students can officially register is at this website: https://sfla.webconnex.com/2016ohio. The cost is only $15 for each student!
- HEARTBEAT OF TOLEDO CELEBRATES 45 YEARS: On Wednesday April 6th and Thursday April 7th I have the distinct honor of hosting Heartbeat of Toledo’s Annual Fundraising Banquet this year featuring Matt Hammitt, former lead singer of Sanctus Real, who will share his own story of choosing life when doctors encouraged he and his wife Sarah to have an abortion. The event will be at the Hilton Garden Inn ballroom in Perrysburg and will begin at 6 p.m. each night. Visit www.heartbeatoftoledo.org for more information and to register.
- JAIL AND PRISON, MEN’S MENTORING PROGRAM: Men Needed to Mentor Inmates Please make plans to join us on Saturday, April 9, if you are interested in being a mentor to an inmate at Toledo Correctional, Richland Correctional and Allen Correction Institutions. We will meet at 10 a.m. in Findlay at the Bob Evans on the corner of Bright Road (St. Michael’s) and Tiffin Avenue. Our program will start at 1 p.m. at St. Michael’s. Please contact Deacon Terry Philpott, at 419-526-0265, if you will be able to make it on Saturday, April 9. Thank you, and may God continue to bless you as you serve Him by serving others.
- LEGISLATIVE AWARENESS DAY FOR DOWN SYNDROME: Tuesday April 12th At the Ohio Statehouse I’ll be bringing a group down to meet with our elected representatives to advocate for the Ohio’s Down Syndrome Non-Discrimination Act which protects babies with Down Syndrome from abortion. The day costs $15 dollars which covers resources and a very nice lunch while in Columbus. Contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To rebuild our society today to create a culture of life we must rebuild marriages. I want to invite you to learn more about why marriage is a unique gift by visiting the USCCB website: http://www.marriageuniqueforareason.org/. And while we affirm the goodness of marriage we recognize that many have been wounded by a divorce or separation. A weekend of workshops, reflection, and prayer for Catholics seeking healing from their own divorce or separation is available to you Friday, April 1st, 2016 6:30 p.m. through Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 1:30 p.m. lead by Monica & Vince Frese, authors and creators of www.divorcedcatholic.com. For more information please email Director of Marriage and Family Life, Monica Martinez, email@example.com, 419-244-6711 ext. 715.
In Christ, let us continue to reach out in mercy to every one we encounter!
Respect Life Program Coordinator
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
1933 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, OH 43604
419-244-6711, ext. 220