Friends for Life:
Today at 4 pm Bishop Daniel E. Thomas will be on live for an entire hour on my show, “Say Yes to Life” on Annunciation Radio! You can listen in on your FM dial: 89.7 Toledo, 89.5 Mansfield, 88.1 Sandusky, 90.9 Willard or 89.9 in Bryan. You can also stream it live at: www.annunciationradio.com. We’re going to talk about his life, some pro-life issues, and hopefully share a few spiritual insights for you. We might have some time to take your phone calls as well if you’d like to ask a question or simply to say thank you to Bishop Thomas for his pro-life witness. You can call in toll free at: 1 (877) 275-8098.
Also, as we continue to pray for the victims from the Orlando shooting, please add those effected in Turkey yesterday to your list. May God have mercy on all the souls impacted and bring comfort to the families and friends of those victims. May it also be a reminder to us that every day is a gift from God so let us receive and celebrate this gift by living life to the full for the glory of God!
Finally, please consider in the next few weeks taking a ‘mission trip’ to your local abortion facility. In the summer months many of us take vacations, pilgrimages or even mission trips overseas, but you can literally save a life by taking an hour to go to Capital Care to simply pray. We need missionaries in our own backyard so I invite you to consider answering the call to come and pray for the dignity of human life.
In God’s Grace,
- Planning Meeting for 40 Days for Life (Wednesday July 13th at 6 pm; Pastoral Center, 1933 Spielbusch Ave., Toledo): We had a spirited first couple of meetings for the 40 Days for Life so far but we need all the help we can get! Please join us for our next meeting as we seek to spread the culture of life through creating a culture of love! Join us to make this next year’s effort through the 40 Days for Life our most successful campaign ever!
- Pornography Task Force Meeting (Thursday July 21st at 6:30 pm; Pastoral Center, 1933 Spielbusch Ave., Toledo): Pornography has been shown to be weakening an entire generation of men and a gateway to other social ills: human trafficking, premarital sex, the abuse of women. This is an epidemic that needs to be addressed. Join us as we discuss practical steps in providing help to others!
- Prayer Vigil for Life (Saturday July 23 at 11:30 am; Capital Care Network, 1160 W. Sylvania Ave., Toledo): Join us for a peaceful and prayerful hour of prayer at Capital Care Abortion Facility so we can witness to the dignity of every human life. We’ll pray for our city, state and nation to make abortion one day, unthinkable.
- Events Calendar 2016-2017: Attached you will find an events calendar for 2016-2017 for the Diocese of Toledo concerning Respect Life Activities. If you have any events that will be planned for your church or area please let me know and I’ll update the calendar! I know in particular that many of you plan marches and gatherings in October and January so please let me know!
- Fortnight for Freedom: (June 21st – July 4th): The Fortnight for Freedom, a call to fourteen days of prayer, education, and action for religious freedom in the United States and abroad, is underway! This time of prayer began June 21 and runs through this weekend and ends on July 4. This year’s theme for the Fortnight for Freedom is: Witnesses to Freedom, as we celebrate many great martyrs of the church who stood for their faith in the public square, in a time when our own religious freedom is being challenged on several fronts. Please see attached memorandum, bulletin insert and refer to the USCCB website for further information, materials, and to learn more about current threats to our religious liberty: http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/religious-liberty/fortnight-for-freedom/.
Respect Life Program Coordinator
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
1933 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, OH 43604
419-244-6711, ext. 4933