Last week, we brought you 10 reasons to de-fund Planned Parenthood. The list goes on and on. The following is another list that busts the myth that women need Planned Parenthood. Please forward this to friends and re-use it how you see fit. Let’s keep the pressure on Planned Parenthood.
10 More Reasons to De-Fund Planned Parenthood Now
- Ohio has 280 community health centers and rural clinics that are alternative health service providers for low-income women.
- Ohio has 213 statewide hospitals that spent nearly $1 billion in free charity care in 2011.
- The number of uninsured Ohioans has been cut by half since 2012, meaning more women have access to physicians.
- Nationwide, there are over 13,500 clinics that provide comprehensive health services.
- Ohio has 180 pregnancy help centers, clinics, and maternity homes that provide resources, parenting classes, and community support for disadvantaged mothers and fathers.
- Nationwide, there are 3,000 pregnancy help centers, outnumbering abortion facilities by a ratio of 6:1.
- In 2013, the State of Ohio initiated Ohio Right to Life’s Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program to provide funding to life-affirming pregnancy centers.
- In 2015, Governor Kasich signed a budget that doubles the amount of funding to this program.
- Planned Parenthood does NOT do mammograms.
- Planned Parenthood’s cancer screenings dropped by about half between 2009 and 2013.
To be clear: Women do not need Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood needs women.
Sign our petition to de-fund Planned Parenthood, and forward this to a friend and have them do the same. We have more than enough reasons.
With you for Life,