Friends for Life:
Thank you for witnessing for life! On August 22nd we had 250 people join us in Toledo to raise awareness to the fact that Planned Parenthood is involved in trafficking and profiting off of aborted baby’s body parts. Our local rally was featured in the Blade, two local TV stations and was even picked up by the Washington Post, see here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/22/thousands-protest-outside-planned-parenthood-clinics-around-the-country/.
Just as important, however, to us raising awareness was our witness which gives dignity to those lives lost, as well as the men and women who are being taken advantage of through the altering of abortion procedures to effectively procure ‘specimens’ putting the women’s lives at risk and the selling of their aborted babies.
With this dark reality in mind there is a way that we together can end the horrific practice of abortion in our area. I want to invite you to join with me as we PRAY TO END ABORTION through the 40 DAYS FOR LIFE CAMPAIGN (www.40daysforlife.com).
This year’s campaign will take place September 23rd through November 1st and it simply invites people of good will to take 40 days to pray at their local abortion center. Since 2007 it’s been remarkable what the 40 Days for Life has accomplished: 10,331 babies have been saved, 118 abortion workers have quit their jobs, and 60 abortion facilities where the 40 Days for Life has taken place have shut their doors!
We’ll have an information meeting tomorrow night at the Pastoral Center at 7 p.m., 1933 Spielbusch Avenue, Toledo if you are interested in learning more, but you can also visit the 40 days for life website today to sign up to take an hour of prayer: www.40daysforlife.com.
- The Center for Medical Progress – The 9th video released further demonstrates the disgusting reality of the procurement of body parts from babies. This is why we are standing for life. Watch the video, become informed, and join us to pray! The video can be seen here: http://www.lifenews.com/2015/09/01/9th-shocking-video-planned-parenthood-sells-intact-aborted-babies-one-just-fell-out-of-the-womb/.
- Respect Life Calendar Coming Soon – If you have a weekly holy hour for life or a major event planned for this upcoming year please email me with the date, time, location and a short description and I’ll be sure to put it on our Respect Life Calendar that will be posted on our website: www.catholiccharitiesnwo.org.
- 40 Days for Life Informational Meeting – Thursday September 3 at 7:00 p.m. we’ll meet at the Pastoral Center, 1933 Spielbusch Ave., Toledo to discuss strategy for this fall’s 40 days for life. If you would like to volunteer, help coordinate the campaign, or just come listen to what’s going on please RSVP by emailing me at: email@example.com.
- National Day of Remembrance for Aborted Children – Saturday September 12th at 10 a.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Swanton Ohio. Join us as we remember and give dignity to the millions of babies lost through the tragedy of abortion.
- Project Rachel Retreat – Saturday September 26th an “Entering Canaan” Retreat will be held for those suffering from an abortion experience. Contact Clarissa Lapinski, our Project Rachel Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- October Respect Life Events including Bishop Thomas Youth Mass for Life – see attached – the “Youth Mass for Life” is taking place on October 3rd! Please see the flyer (attached) for more information!
Respect Life Program Coordinator
Catholic Charities Diocese of Toledo
1933 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, OH 43604
419-244-6711, ext. 220