May 7, 2014
Tomorrow is the day, and I need your help!
Priests for Life’s case – one of the very first launched against the HHS Mandate – will be argued in the second most important Court in the nation, the US Court of Appeals for the Washington, DC Circuit.
David Green, CEO of Hobby Lobby, told me, “Our family joins in prayerful support of the Priests for Life case against the HHS mandate. As our Hobby Lobby case represents the concerns of businesses, so the Priests for Life case represents the concerns of the religious non-profit groups. Together, we stand against this injustice, and for the law of God!”
As oral arguments are heard tomorrow, Thursday, May 8, we ask you to join us in prayer and in at least one of two other ways: 1) online, and 2) at the rally.
1. In prayer: We have an ongoing novena to end the HHS Mandate. See the prayers at www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/hhs-mandate.htm.
— Join the I Stand With PFL event page on Facebook and invite all your friends – www.Facebook.com/events/615122658564251/
— Begin to post about our I Stand With PFL web site using the #istandwithpfl hash tag on Facebook, twitter…. – www.istandwithpfl.com
— Change your Facebook profile picture or banner to show that you stand with PFL – Feel free to download graphics from the event page and use them. Or you can download and use this Facebook profile graphic.
— Join me for live tweeting along with Bryan Kemper, Dr Alveda King, Lila Rose and many more on May 8th from 9-11am using the #istandwithpfl hash tag
3. At the rally:
Please join us for a rally for religious freedom in front of the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit on Thursday, May 8, from 9-11am, 333 Constitution Ave., NW Washington, DC 20001. Bring as many others with you as possible…
Among the confirmed speakers are:
1) Senator Ted Cruz of Texas
2) Congressman Tim Huelskamp of Kansas
3) Congressman Paul Gosar of Arizona
4) Congresswoman Diane Black of Tennessee
5) Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life
6) Dr Alveda King, Director of African American Outreach, Priests for Life
7) Robert Muise of the American Freedom Law Center (Counsel for Priests for Life case)
8) Fr Victor Salomon, Director of Hispanic Outreach, Priests for Life
9) Bryan Kemper, Director of Youth Outreach, Priests for Life
10) Josh Duggar, Executive Director, FRC Action
11) Gary Bauer, President, American Values
12) Lila Rose, President of Live Action
13) Carol Tobias, President of the National Right to Life
14) Jeanne Monahan, President of the March for Life
15) Charmaine Yoest, President and CEO, Americans United for Life
16) Tim Goeglein VP for External Relations for Focus on the Family
17) Day Gardner, President of National Black Pro-Life Union
18) Jimmy Nolan, President of Crossroads
19) Paul Rondeau Executive Director of American Life League
20) Sam Casey Managing Director and General Counsel of the Law of Life Project
21) Sarah Torre of the Heritage Foundation
22) Tina Whittington, Assistant Director, Students for Life of America
23) Rev. Rob Schenk, President of Faith and Action in the Nation’s Capital
24) Rev. Patrick Mahoney, President of Christian Defense Coalition
25) Cathy Ruse, Senior Fellow, Family Research Council
26) Alison Howard, Communications Director for Concerned Women for America
The case of Priests for Life is the first case of the religious non-profit organizations to reach the appellate level on the merits of the arguments.
Robert Muise, Senior Counsel for the American Freedom Law Center (www.aflc.us) states, “This case with Priests for Life is the lead case for the non-profit religious organizations challenging the mandate similar to how Hobby Lobby is the lead case for the for-profit companies challenging the HHS mandate.”
Also included as plaintiffs in this case are The Archdiocese of Washington, The Catholic University of America, Thomas Aquinas College, Catholic Information Center, Dr. Alveda King, Janet Morana, myself and several other entities.
Again, for more information and daily updates visit www.IStandWithPFL.com.
If you want to be among the first to hear updates on the case, text Life1 to 69302.
Oh, and one more thing. We could really use your help to defray the costs of this lawsuit. Please stand in solidarity with us today by making a generous donation at www.priestsforlife.org/donate.
God bless you!
Fr. Frank Pavone
National Director, Priests for Life
We offer various options for you to receive different emails from the different branches of our ministry. See how you can vary your preferences or unsubscribe. Remember, we want to keep you in the loop!